Last week I also decided to try to make Turkey Pot Pie. There was one little culinary mishap... While I was pre-cooking the Turkey in a pan, I realized No Milk!! So....I ran to the store (2min away) with the burner on low. Thankfully, I didn't burn down the house, the Turkey was still cooking, and it all worked out well. I thought it tasted wonderful! However, it did make a TON and I'm not sure we'll be able to eat the leftovers before they go bad....
Ingredients: 1/3 cup margarine 1/3 cup flour 1/4 tsp. pepper 2/3 cup milk 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed) 1/2 tsp. salt 1.5 cup chicken broth 2 turkey breasts, cubed, cooked 2 refrigerated pie crusts
Steps:
- Pre-heat oven to 425*
- As you are cooking cubed turkey in a pan, begin melting butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Prepare 2 pie crusts according to directions on package.
- Stir flour, salt, pepper into pot with butter until well blended.
- Gradually, stir in broth and milk.
- Cook-stirring occasionally-until bubbly and thickened.
- Add chicken and mixed veggies, Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust, seal edges.
- Cut several slits in the top crust!
- Bake at 425* for 30 to 40 min. or until crust is a golden brown.
- Let stand 5 min. before to serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment