Friday, February 26, 2010

Productive Day!

While I did not get my house organized or cleaned today and the laundry will also wait for tomorrow, here is what I did get done.

1) I found a child care provider that I am very comfortable with. I meet with her on Monday to work out the details.

2) I got halfway through my book: Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way and started marking pages for my hubby to read.

3) Found a Bradley teacher who lives an hour from us and is willing to give us a crash course one-on-one in the method one Saturday for a few hours. She's willing to reduce the cost even, which is nice: half the time of the normal class, half the price! Woo!

4) Found a breastfeeding consultant and nurse in my local hospital who is willing to give me a private course in April for free :) She's doing it for free because I had called about the support group which was free, only to find out the discontinued it because of lack of participation. So she said she'd do a private session with me to lean what I need to know before the baby arrives for no cost like the support group would have been.

5) I called the hospital I'll be delivering at and found out the best times and their recommendations for going for a visit so I can do that mostly whenever I want once March comes. They do recommend that I call ahead to make sure there is an empty room. She said its best to come when there is at least one empty room so that I can see the room and spend time in there, as well as talk to the nurses as they won't be as busy when there are empty rooms.

Now I just need to call my OB on Monday and cancel that class! It won't be helpful at all now, since they don't even touch on relaxation techniques. They only talk about the stages of labor (which will be covered in our Bradley course), pain management(I'll have to ask my midwife if I want to know about that), the hospital tour and breastfeeding, both of which I have other, free options for. I'd much rather take the Bradley course since that's the method I plan to use.

I'm very proud of how much I accomplished today and I'm suddenly feeling much more relaxed and prepared for this baby. Funny how having things like childcare and a plan of education in place can take such a huge weight off your shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment