Thursday, March 25, 2010

Working Out While Pregnant

I keep telling people that I'm still working out. The general response? *shocked looking eyes* "Really?! You can do that?!" Ummm...why yes I can thank you. There are the few "Good for you!" responses which are wonderful. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm going to sit on the couch and eat bon-bons all day. As lovely as an all bon-bon diet may sound at times, that's really the worst thing I could do for my baby and myself.

Months ago, the doctor told me no more power walking up the hills with my dog every day. :( So instead, I got the Denise Austin Fit and Firm Pregnancy DVD. It is WONDERFUL! (yes, all caps is necessary in this situation). She is encouraging, u
nderstanding, and reminds you not to push yourself too hard. The workout (cardio + strenght is the one I do every time) is 40 min long. 20 min of cardio and 20 min of strength. She has made just for pregnancy and takes everything you'll need for labor and recovery into account. I am completely in love with this workout and I always feel sooo much better after I have completed it. The disc even includes a post-partum workout to get you back on your feet.

So yes, ladies and gentleman, it is completely possible to continue to work out during pregnancy. You may need to take it down a notch or two, but keep working out! You'll feel so much better if you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment