Friday, January 29, 2010

Reading

My new favorite time is the time just before bedtime. We curl up in bed (with Harley of course), and Mike reads to the baby. She gets a different story almost every night, although we do have our favorites we do mix in every so often.

Why do this you ask? First of all, she can hear us now, and its very cool to think she's sitting in there listening and getting used to our voices. Also, as Michael says, she needs to learn to love books from the very beginning!! Guess that's what happens when mommy and daddy are both teachers!! ;-)

Also, because I was a pre-k teacher, she has tons of picture books already. We of course hope she gets more before she arrives, and she'll need board books and bath books, but I have a secret about those...I get them at library sales and disinfect them! If you get books that way, you pay about $5 for a paper bag and fill the bag...that's about 30 books! I can't wait for the library sales this year! Eek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment